Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Serial 1 speed assembled just fine EXCEPT one of the RIVNUTS on the inside of the carbon fork which is the front fender strut attachment point, was not fully compressed properly installed, making the front fender attachment impossible until a repair is made.

I will add that Serial 1 Customer Support is helpful but it took over ten days and a paypal inquiry to get a response. First contact came from a Serial 1 Europe rep who forwarded it to a U.S. rep.... that seemed very odd, Serial 1's solution was for me to take the whole bike to a local bike shop who would take the fork off and ship it to them... crazy!
Per my recommendation, and to avoid warranty issues, I asked permission for a local private bike mechanic to make the fix on site to save time and moolah. They finally agreed.
Tire Chair Automotive tire Wood Bicycle tire

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Are you going to make the repair? The local dealer here is not really into trying to sell the bikes and sees them as a bit of a hassle. I’m sure they don’t want to deal with warranty issues either. Hopefulily your local dealer fully supports the brand.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serial 1 customer care wanted me to take the bike to a local bike shop, let them disassemble it, ship the fork back for repair or replacement then send repaired part back to my bike shop to reinstall. YIKES, talk about down time. I offered them an alternative... I have a locally licensed bike mechanic who can just put a new RIVNUT in the fork without all the disassembly, reassembly and shipping costs... Serial1 rep. went upline in corporate who agreed with my plan and we are just waiting on a SERIAL 1 specific RIVNUT to arrive to fix the issue... 3 local HD dealerships were "not" bicycle friendly and were not sure how to fix the issue; I certainly didn't want my bicycle sitting around in their megashop waiting for a rivnut. Serial 1 customer service will reimburse the local bike mechanic per his reasonable invoice. All good. I also suggested Serial 1 use my bike mechanic to do future work and or train local HD peeps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice to know,customer service is a essential part of a great experience. But ya go to a Harley dealer and they can't figure out a nut installation, 😀😀😀

1 - 4 of 4 Posts