Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recent Rush/Cty ST owner here--loving the bike so far! One thing that I have noticed is that there is not a significant difference between the assist I get from a standing start or going up a large hill from the stock speed %s (50 for sport, 100 for boost). I can feel a small difference, mostly if I switch down from boost to speed while pedaling under a load, but it's really not much. Is this normal? Do I need to have the motor looked at or reset the controller?

As general background, I upgraded from a 750w rear hub bike and while I am generally impressed with the motor & drivetrain on my Serial1 (and understand it is just a different feel overall from a rear hub cadence sensor), this just doesn't seem quite right. I feel like especially with the S Mag motor, I should be feeling a pretty big difference between 50% and 100% on steep hills.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Brose motors give best peak power at higher cadences. I flex my cadences based on riding conditions. If I want to push rapid acceleration I will drop the cadence down to 60. For cruising and mild hills I run it up to 70. If I am about to climb steep hills I will run it up to 80.

from day 1 I went and adjusted my output settings to 25-50-75-100% on the Brose mini display and usually run it at sport or boost just because I like cruising along at top speed. So I really can’t say much from experience on the difference between 50% and 100%

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Brose motors give best peak power at higher cadences. I flex my cadences based on riding conditions. If I want to push rapid acceleration I will drop the cadence down to 60. For cruising and mild hills I run it up to 70. If I am about to climb steep hills I will run it up to 80.

from day 1 I went and adjusted my output settings to 25-50-75-100% on the Brose mini display and usually run it at sport or boost just because I like cruising along at top speed. So I really can’t say much from experience on the difference between 50% and 100%
Interesting, but you are feeling a difference as you go between your various settings between 50-100. I'm guessing it might be a cadence issue since I have dropped mine down to 65 or so on the enviolo hub--on steep hills, that may be too slow to "activate" boost vs. speed. Maybe? I didn't think there was that much interplay/communication between the enviolo hub and the brose motor but I guess I'm wrong! Not the first time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting, but you are feeling a difference as you go between your various settings between 50-100. I'm guessing it might be a cadence issue since I have dropped mine down to 65 or so on the enviolo hub--on steep hills, that may be too slow to "activate" boost vs. speed. Maybe? I didn't think there was that much interplay/communication between the enviolo hub and the brose motor but I guess I'm wrong! Not the first time!
I can definitely feel the changes in torque output when dropping from 100% to 75% to 50%. It’s not super noticeable but the increase in resistance is there.

the enviolo hub does take a bit of break in, right around 150 miles for me is when it started to ease up on the resistance some and became less of a power drag.

also I got rid of the schwalbes. They had amazing cornering and grip. But they felt like they had quite a bit of rolling resistance and weight in exhange for the grip. Once I got the new tires on it seemed to liven up the top speed of the bike. I lost a bit of comfort though so my ride is harsher. Just out of curiosity did your bike come with the Kendas or the Schwalbes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
As broad foundation, I updated from a 750w back center bicycle and keeping in mind that I am by and large dazzled with the engine and drivetrain on my Serial1 (and comprehend it is only an alternate vibe generally from a back center rhythm sensor), this simply doesn't appear to be very correct. I feel like particularly with the S Mag engine, I ought to feel a quite enormous contrast somewhere in the range of half and 100 percent on steep slopes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As broad foundation, I updated from a 750w back center bicycle and keeping in mind that I am by and large dazzled with the engine and drivetrain on my Serial1 (and comprehend it is only an alternate vibe generally from a back center rhythm sensor), this simply doesn't appear to be very correct. I feel like particularly with the S Mag engine, I ought to feel a quite enormous contrast somewhere in the range of half and 100 percent on steep slopes.
Interesting, so you're not feeling much of a difference from 50-100% on your Serial 1 bike either? I also upgraded from the same type of bike as you did. Wondering if I should make a support ticket and see who they send me to to get it checked!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts