Serial 1 Forum banner

Boost not much difference over Sport?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ianmday 
The Brose motors give best peak power at higher cadences. I flex my cadences based on riding conditions. If I want to push rapid acceleration I will drop the cadence down to 60. For cruising and mild hills I run it up to 70. If I am about to climb steep hills I will run it up to 80.

from day 1 I went and adjusted my output settings to 25-50-75-100% on the Brose mini display and usually run it at sport or boost just because I like cruising along at top speed. So I really can’t say much from experience on the difference between 50% and 100%

Interesting, but you are feeling a difference as you go between your various settings between 50-100. I'm guessing it might be a cadence issue since I have dropped mine down to 65 or so on the enviolo hub--on steep hills, that may be too slow to "activate" boost vs. speed. Maybe? I didn't think there was that much interplay/communication between the enviolo hub and the brose motor but I guess I'm wrong! Not the first time!
I can definitely feel the changes in torque output when dropping from 100% to 75% to 50%. It’s not super noticeable but the increase in resistance is there.

the enviolo hub does take a bit of break in, right around 150 miles for me is when it started to ease up on the resistance some and became less of a power drag.

also I got rid of the schwalbes. They had amazing cornering and grip. But they felt like they had quite a bit of rolling resistance and weight in exhange for the grip. Once I got the new tires on it seemed to liven up the top speed of the bike. I lost a bit of comfort though so my ride is harsher. Just out of curiosity did your bike come with the Kendas or the Schwalbes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.