Serial 1 Forum banner

Distance range inaccurate?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  adrianb 
#1 ·
When the battery is fully charged, the range in either sport or Boost mode is 14 kms. Can this be accurate? Even more puzzling is that the range is usually shorter on Sport than Boost. What do other people get?

#3 ·
What model bike do you have? I have a Mosh, weigh 220 pounds, and ride flat and slightly hilly terrain and I get well over 20 miles (32 kilometers) on boost, more on Sport. Sounds like you have a battery problem.
Hi, I have the RUSH/Cityeig, I weigh 210 and I ride mostly flat but also VERY steep (occasional) hills. It doesn't make sense that the BOOST mode shows more KMS than the Sport and Tour more than Eco.

#6 · (Edited)
I’m 220 lbs and get about 25 miles riding mostly sport on lumpy trails and some big hills. I’ve modified the ride/cadence settings so your mileage may vary. Yes the range shown can be wrong at times. I Have seen the range actually go up after riding for a while. Yes sometimes boost mode shows more range. I even had the range read 0 miles yet I will still have 10% remaining battery. I stopped looking at range so much and more at how much battery % i have remaining. Have you calibrated the Enviolo hub?

#7 ·
Yes, I’ve done the calibration a few times, I also spoke to customer service and they pretty much said that the range displayed on the device is pretty much useless, it uses the last few kilometers to determine the range. They suggested to Look at the percentage of the battery remaining and use that as a guide based on experience. I find it disappointing., but that’s what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.