Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone played around with this app.
You can change the mode, pedaling cadence and amount of power the bike applies when you first start pedaling. We changed the mode to sport and changed the pedaling cadence from 80 rpm (the apparent default) to 60 rpm. This made a huge difference for us. It decreases range due to the fact your not adding as much energy pedaling at 60 rpm vs 80 rpm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still playing around with the app trying to figure out what all the setting do. Not much information available on this app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Pavetack! Which Serial 1 bike do you have? Envolio has a bunch of videos that help you get familiar with the app.

Wife has the Rush City step-through and I have a Rush CIty Speed on order. I've watched the Enviolo videos on YouTube but they are very vague. The bike came with no information about the Enviolo system or app. Unless I'm missing something, most people will have no idea about the app and setting the bike If had not started researching I would like to know what each setting does. I've been experimenting with the settings and doing test rides....there has to be a better way.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The videos seem to me to be more for the bike manufacturers using their hubs not the ultimate end user. I have also played around with the app. Nothing like trial and error to learn about something.

As a side note there is also a Gates Carbon Drive Belt app to check or set belt tension.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wife has the Rush City step-through and I have a Rush CIty Speed on order. I've watched the Enviolo videos on YouTube but they are very vague. The bike came with no information about the Enviolo system or app. Unless I'm missing something, most people will have no idea about the app and setting the bike If had not started researching I would like to know what each setting does. I've been experimenting with the settings and doing test rides....there has to be a better way.
Welcome @Pavetack!
What exact roadblocks have you ran into while using the app?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I downloaded the app and it immediately did a firmware update and required recalibration. The bike will not shift, like it’s stuck in one gear. Can anyone confirm what S1 stock settings should be? I didn’t change anything and it was showing MANUAL mode 1st gear, 80 cadence, sport mode. I switched to AUTOMATIC and I can hear/feel the unit adjusting but again, seems stuck in 1 gear and pedaling ridiculously fast, I can’t get above 15mph.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You should be in Automatic mode since there is no shifter for manual shifting.
This is my configuration. Check the screen shots below.
I had the same update and recalibration when I first launched the app.
I did change the ride mode to sport, also I changed the cadence to 60 rpm it made a huge difference vs pedaling at 80 rpm, it did reduce range because your not pedaling as much so your adding less energy.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, spoke to customer support they explained that the ride mode setting - which controls the shifting speed - is set to Sport by default. Sport shifting is the fastest shifting, so the gearbox is constantly trying to get you to the set cadence, which from the factory is 75. Comfort slows the shifting down which gives you more time to build to the final cadence. They recommended moving the rpms to 60 which gives you a slower cadence that feels more resistive when pedaling, which many customers prefer. JoeG, appreciate the guidance and I'll give it a try and report back!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had to email Rich at Enviolo to figure out how to pair the app with the hub: turn the bike on, open the app, press in the white button on the hub and hold it in for 3-5 seconds, until it starts to flash blue. Now your cell is paired with the hub and you are good to use the app. I did the firmware update, changed the cadence to 66, and calibrated the hub while pedaling. It is more fun to ride than ever now. I was hitting 19 with ease on sport mode, and not pedaling my ass off to do so. Fantastic machine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does that mean you can hit 28? That's the big question going round, folks are struggling to hit 28 mph.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Top speed on my Rush/City is 20. Then the governor kicks in. I don't have the Speed version. Today I lowered the cadence to 60, then up to 62. I will find my sweet spot soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does that mean you can hit 28? That's the big question going round, folks are struggling to hit 28 mph.
I just got my city speed yesterday and took it out for the first ride today. I was also having trouble getting much over 20 (and wasn’t crazy about the feel) until I set it to Comfort and 50 cadence. Then I was flying! I was regularly in mid-20s and even the mystical 28 with relative ease. This seems like a great setting for cruising around town sweat-free doing errands, but you do seem to pay a price in range for that luxury. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve adjusted the percentages to 25/50/75/100, but that part of the ride was on Boost so 100 regardless. The biggest change seemed to be setting the Enviolo hub to Comfort… same settings on Sport (Enviolo, not Brose) was harder work.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah my settings are the same but trying the cadence at 65, though at the 60 I was at it felt real good.
Riding mostly in tour, some sport and boost for the bigger/steeper/longer climbs, only switching down into eco when battery % is getting to low and i don’t have the range to get home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the information. I had an interesting experience. My bike turned out to be set up ok despite the information I saw on this forum. I set up the assist to 25-50-75-100 and everything was great until I "calibrated" per the enviolo app instructions and everything turned worse. It ended up like a granny gear no matter what I did. After several days with with both Serial1 and enviolo tech support, I ended up getting a QR code to reset the hub and then reconfigured to both a 60 cadence setting and changed the gear ratio to 0.90 and everything was good. I just want to recommend to people NOT to do the calibration. Just play with the enviolo settings until you get the ride you want.

Serial1 support said their app wouldn't be available until 2022. Looking forward to that app.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That’s interesting, I’ve recalibrated twice per the Enviolo app and have had zero issues after it’s done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe it was just my bike and some random glitch. Calibration made sense to me too at first and once I got reset and made the cadence changes I was good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts