Serial 1 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is all very interesting. I’ve had two firmware and calibration updates and it happened to both of my step-thrus basically at the same time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just did a configuration today 11-26 using the enviolo app and it seems some of those options are no longer available, I tried the different options in the app several times and could not find how to set parameters at 25 50 75 100, also it automatically picked up the serial number and the configuration of the bike, I was able to change cadence from 80 to 65, and manual to auto, will take a ride tomorrow and see how it feels...

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Those configurations are done at the Brose All Around LCD Controller, hold down the front left button until you see a menu screen with several options listed including settings, select settings and then once there select system, then custom assistance, then adjust each of the ride modes (eco, tour, sport, boost) to your liking, of course you’ll most likely leave boost at 100% Sadly it won’t let go over 100% once done hit back multiple times until you are all the way out of the settings menu.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those configurations are done at the Brose All Around LCD Controller, hold down the front left button until you see a menu screen with several options listed including settings, select settings and then once there select system, then custom assistance, then adjust each of the ride modes (eco, tour, sport, boost) to your liking, of course you’ll most likely leave boost at 100% Sadly it won’t let go over 100% once done hit back multiple times until you are all the way out of the settings menu.
Joe thank you very much!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I downloaded the app and it immediately did a firmware update and required recalibration. The bike will not shift, like it’s stuck in one gear. Can anyone confirm what S1 stock settings should be? I didn’t change anything and it was showing MANUAL mode 1st gear, 80 cadence, sport mode. I switched to AUTOMATIC and I can hear/feel the unit adjusting but again, seems stuck in 1 gear and pedaling ridiculously fast, I can’t get above 15mph.
Same problem for me. Apparently, the calibration left the hub in "manual" mode, 1st gear. Top end for 1st gear is about 12 mph. You need to change the mode back to "automatic" if the calibration changes the mode to "manual". I'm still trying to figure the cadence adjustment. Normal biking range for manual shift systems is 60-90 rpm, racing is more like 90-120 rpm. But this thing is shifting automatically and in very small increments, unlike the old manual systems. My personal opinion is that the average leisure biker should be around 50-70 rpm cadence, where 60-65 should be most comfortable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
DON'T DO ANY OF THIS IF YOUR BIKE RIDES OK!
BUT IF THINGS ARE NOT RIGHT BECAUSE YOU WERE TWEAKING WITH THE APP YOU CAN TRY THIS:

A) When using the Enviolo App, ensure that the Brose controller is turned on but "no power assist selected = off".
B) With your phone - turn your Enviolo App on and via bluetooth pairing make the following selections:

#1 select Automatic
#2 select Sport
#3 set Cadence @ or near 70 rpm
#4 set cadence increment to 5
#5 set Starting assist .7 to 1.0
#6 Perform the calibration with the Brose motor controller power assist level still in "off"
you can pedal or ride it until the app says calibration successful.
#7 Turn off the Enviolo App and turn off the Brose controller.

C) Wait a few and then turn the Brose controller on and ride - do not turn the App back on. Using the Enviolo App seems to defeat the purpose of the AuitomatiQ hub. It is mainly for using a hub in a manual mode; even though you have more selections available in the APP it can create some conflicts with the Brose controller / interface.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS - REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN USE BROSE MOTOR CONTROLLER INTERFACE ON YOUR HANDLEBAR TO SELECT FACTORY RESET AND THE POWER ASSIST SHOULD ALSO BE OFF WHEN YOU DO THIS. THEN SHUT THE BROSE CONTROLLER OFF AND TURN BACK ON.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
58 Posts
In case you were wondering how well Brose is talking to Enviolo and how well both Serial 1 and Enviolo are doing talking to each other here ya go:
Hello,

From Brose when i asked about the controller and the Enviolo AutomatiQ:

Unfortunately we do not know the products: Enviolo AutomatiQ Hub and Enviolo App.

There is no interface or data transfer between Brose system and Enviolo AutomatiQ Hub and Enviolo App.

_

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Service / E-Bike-Antriebe
Brose Antriebstechnik GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, Berlin

Sickingenstraße 29-38
10553 Berlin

Home
[email protected]

ref:_00D24JasA._5003WEouE7:ref

·
Registered
58 Posts
update 3-6-2022
My bike is finally fixed.
speedometer reading correctly and Enviolo AutomatiQ hub is shifting through it's complete range.
The Process was involved and Serial 1 didn't give up. But, i had to have my Bike repair service work with my computer repair service to get the Brose software and firmware to talk to each other and then the bike... i also had to delete and then reinstall the Enviolo AutomatiQ App on my smart phone to access updates and properly get the firmware update working with the hub and motor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In case anyone hasn't seen this, Serial 1 has a page for adjusting the configuration & settings in the Enviolo app.

Adjusting Configuration Settings

The configuration page allows you to change your hub's settings in order to tailor your hub's shifting behavior to your own personal preferences. There are multiple settings that can be adjusted to fit your riding needs.

• Ride Mode: There are three ride modes which change the shifting behavior of your bike.
    • Sport Mode: The most responsive shifting mode, Sport Mode immediately shifts when the rider's cadence falls outside of the target cadence set in the "preferred cadence" setting. This shifting is best for mountainous or hilly conditions where immediate responsiveness in the shifting is necessary. However, because the hub will shift as soon as it detects that the rider is not pedaling at the target cadence, it often leads to the feeling of the legs "spinning" when moving from a standing start.
    • Comfort Mode: Comfort mode provides a greater lag between rider input and shifting performance than sport mode. When the rider's pedaling cadence falls outside of the target cadence, the hub doesn't shift right away, but gives the rider some time to reach the target cadence. This often feels more natural to riders, who are not accustomed to the speed of shifting that a CVT offers, because it leads to a spin-up from a standing start that is more similar to traditional bicycles.
    • Eco Mode: Reduces the amount of energy used by the Enviolo hub by shifting less often. This mode is best used only when trying to save battery life or in very flat conditions without a lot of starting and stopping.
  • My Settings: This changes the color of the text in your Enviolo app.
  • Units Systems: This changes the units measurements
    • Imperial is recommended for US riders
    • Metric is recommended for European riders
  • Operations Mode: Changes the shifting of the bike to Automatic or Manual
    • Automatic (factory and recommended setting)
    • Manual: Allows you to manually shift the bike using your Enviolo App. Go back to your homepage and click on Dashboard. At the bottom half of the screen you will see an "up" arrow that if clicked will manually shift your bike up a gear. There are 9 manual gears. You can also change gears by using the "Manual Gear" setting below.
      • Note that manual mode can override certain settings in your app such as "Ride Modes" and "Desired Cadence"
  • Type of Internal Gear Hub: This is an internal setting that cannot be changed on a Serial 1 eBike. This setting should read "SP". If the hub needs to be calibrated, this setting will read "Uncalibrated"
  • Manual Gear: (Only used when the bike's operation mode is set to Manual.) Used to choose the gear you wish to start out in when riding in Manual mode.
  • Desired Cadence: RPM (Rotations Per Minute) is used to calculate how many rotations (full pedal cycles) you pedal per minute. The setting ranges from 30 RPM to 120 RPM. The slower the cadence, the more power you will have to put into your pedaling to achieve the same speed. Most customers' preferred cadences fall between 50-80 RPMs.
    • **Note that a higher cadence riding makes pedaling up steep hills or trails easier while lower cadence settings are more desired on flat ground or downhill riding.
  • Cadence Increment: This setting allows you to more easily change the Desired Cadence by making changes in increments of 1 RPM or 5 RPM.
  • Gear Ratio at Start of Ride: (Also known as the traffic light ratio.) This determines the gear ratio when beginning pedaling from a stop. This setting ranges from 0.50-1.20. The average customer will usually stay between 0.70-0.90. Riders carrying heavier loads (like cargo) may choose to go lower than the recommend settings to help ease their startup.
  • Disconnect Device: Will disconnect your phone's connectivity to the bike.
  • Transfer Data: Used to update your Enviolo hub when needed (recommended to keep setting "On")
  • Scan QR Code: Used to scan Enviolo QR code located by the Enviolo serial number on the bike.
  • Update to Firmware: R45: If your Enviolo Hub needs updating, then this button will appear, if no update is needed, this setting will disappear.
  • Calibrate Hub Interface or "Re-calibrate Hub Interface": Used in situations when your bike is not shifting or not shifting properly. Please read our article on Calibration.

·
Registered
58 Posts
An important note "After" all the repairs.... i found i had to set my bike to Sport mode and up the cadence to 75 rpm. These two changes made the bike feel/respond more like my regular bikes.... as i have always intuitively shifted at 75 or above rpm.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts