Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi I don’t have a speed model but they are just bolted on. You’d need to remove the rear wheel to access the bolt at that holds the front of the fender to the frame, then remove the 2 bolts that hold the rack at the rear of the frame then your done of course you wouldn’t have the rack anymore.

· Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
17 Posts
Another option is using a grinder cutting wheel. I used a large cutting wheel, but a small cutting wheel like the one in the photo may be strong enough to remove a portion of the fender. A smaller cutting wheel also reduces the risk of damaging other portions of the rack. Fair warning, both the plastic fender and the metal brace underneath are fairly strong so it may take some time, patience and effort to cut thru them. If you haven't used a grinder before, as a rule, always use caution when working with a cutting tool by wearing tinted safety glasses and safety gloves. Always securely attach the wheel making sure it is level, and not canted. Beware the tool can always kick back if not firmly held in place while cutting. When starting Wood Gas Tints and shades Font Facade
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread
the job, begin slowly and get a feel for the wheel's cutting capability before progressing.

· Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
17 Posts
Wow using a grinder is extreme for something that can simply be unbolted. You could also reinstall them as easily. Once you cut/grind it off theres no going back.
I agree, it's extreme. I have dropped the bike quite a few times. I also bang it up when securing it to light poles and bike racks . Hard to say how much I appreciate the rear rack's added protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts