Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the RUSH/CTY step-through from Steve at the eBike Power Store in St. George.

I sold my previous ebike, the mid-drive Sondors LX, to help fund the Serial 1 bike. The Sondors LX is a Class 3 beast and I enjoyed the power. However, I did not enjoy chain maintenance and frequent derailleur adjustment. I also did not enjoy its weight, 89lbs, which made maintenance quite a chore.

The Serial 1 bike feels much more like a bicycle, whereas the Sondors LX is more like a moped with pedals.

I've installed the Tannus Armour inserts to protect from goat's head thorns.

I've fiddled with the settings and the Enviolo app enough to feel confident in their uses.

I've ordered the Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm lock from Amazon because I was unsuccessful in getting the keyed-alike version from a dealer with www.highwaytwo.com credentials. The dealer that the Serial 1 support FAQ lists as local to me knew nothing about it. I found a different dealer with www.highwaytwo.com credentials. However, he was unable to locate the lock in inventory. I sent a request to Serial 1 support and they said it might be out of stock because of Covid.

I'm thrilled to have the RUSH/CTY step-through and glad to find this forum, which has proven to contain much more useful information than any of the three Facebook Serial 1 user groups.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the RUSH/CTY step-through from Steve at the eBike Power Store in St. George.

I sold my previous ebike, the mid-drive Sondors LX, to help fund the Serial 1 bike. The Sondors LX is a Class 3 beast and I enjoyed the power. However, I did not enjoy chain maintenance and frequent derailleur adjustment. I also did not enjoy its weight, 89lbs, which made maintenance quite a chore.

The Serial 1 bike feels much more like a bicycle, whereas the Sondors LX is more like a moped with pedals.

I've installed the Tannus Armour inserts to protect from goat's head thorns.

I've fiddled with the settings and the Enviolo app enough to feel confident in their uses.

I've ordered the Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm lock from Amazon because I was unsuccessful in getting the keyed-alike version from a dealer with www.highwaytwo.com credentials. The dealer that the Serial 1 support FAQ lists as local to me knew nothing about it. I found a different dealer with www.highwaytwo.com credentials. However, he was unable to locate the lock in inventory. I sent a request to Serial 1 support and they said it might be out of stock because of Covid.

I'm thrilled to have the RUSH/CTY step-through and glad to find this forum, which has proven to contain much more useful information than any of the three Facebook Serial 1 user groups.
Congrats on the new bike @Randall Sutherland! Welcome to the forum! How does the ride quality compare to your Sondors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts