Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Serial 1 HQ to ask that question. Was told that they don't offer extra or replacement batteries right now but hope to be able to do so in summer of '22. So I'd say the answer is "You can't".
Strange that they would launch such a product without immediate access to a spare battery. They've compounded the problem with their published ranges, which are exaggerations.

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
22 Posts
Strange that they would launch such a product without immediate access to a spare battery. They've compounded the problem with their published ranges, which are exaggerations.
I like my Mosh don't get me wrong but when the company don't have any spare parts available not even Brose service tool which I need since my Mosh have a error shown in the display and I also want to change the power setting and it can only be done with Brose service tool if you don't have a Rush due to different displays.
If Harley Davidson want to go into the ebike market and compete with other brands without any support beside verbal they will be history very soon.
I have emailed Brose and Serial1 support in USA and
Automotive tire Handheld power drill Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior
Netherlands which say they are responsible for EU and talked to my local dealer without getting any help.
A ebike that doesn't run ain't worth much.
"Bad news travel fast" which H-D seem to have forgotten.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, I don't get near their publish rates. The range that the display shows (Rush/City) is way smaller (full battery shows 6 kms on Turbo). I exchanged emails with support in USA and they tell me to ignore the range displayed.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
The range is definitely not correct when I’m riding. I now rely on the percentage of battery remaining and how far I have already ridden To make sure I can get home without losing the battery. Pedaling a 60 lb bike is no fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The range is definitely not correct when I’m riding. I now rely on the percentage of battery remaining and how far I have already ridden To make sure I can get home without losing the battery. Pedaling a 60 lb bike is no fun.
I have the same issue but I don't regard it as a biggie since the battery charge slider on the Brose display tells me how much charge is left, and I know how much I've ridden the bike since the charge was full.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I like my Mosh don't get me wrong but when the company don't have any spare parts available not even Brose service tool which I need since my Mosh have a error shown in the display and I also want to change the power setting and it can only be done with Brose service tool if you don't have a Rush due to different displays.
If Harley Davidson want to go into the ebike market and compete with other brands without any support beside verbal they will be history very soon.
I have emailed Brose and Serial1 support in USA and View attachment 201 Netherlands which say they are responsible for EU and talked to my local dealer without getting any help.
A ebike that doesn't run ain't worth much.
"Bad news travel fast" which H-D seem to have forgotten.
Yes Oil, I also love the bike. I have the step through. When there is no headwind, I can ebike 13 miles on Boost to visit my mother and still get back with plenty of battery. However, when there is a headwind, I must throttle back to the lower assist levels and sometimes I must walk the last mile home.

I can't pedal a 60-pound bike without assist because of damaged hips. I really need to leave it on Boost all the time and just spin my way there on a 60rpm cadence that lets me climb steep hills.

I want to leave a fresh battery at my Mom's so I can swap them out when I visit her and go home on a fresh battery. Yes, it's lame that they didn't withhold product launch until they could supply spare batteries. I love the bike and I'm thrilled to own it.

The inability to order spare batteries does raise questions about Serial 1 product management.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I have been trying to get a simple front fender due to a collision with a bollard even that is not available. A major issue taking the bike out would really suck. When I checked with the local dealer about getting a fender they just laughed and said they had no parts of any kind Period and had no idea when they’d have anything. Seems that they have maybe missed planning for accidents. I’d also want to get an extra battery.

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
22 Posts
Yes Oil, I also love the bike. I have the step through. When there is no headwind, I can ebike 13 miles on Boost to visit my mother and still get back with plenty of battery. However, when there is a headwind, I must throttle back to the lower assist levels and sometimes I must walk the last mile home.

I can't pedal a 60-pound bike without assist because of damaged hips. I really need to leave it on Boost all the time and just spin my way there on a 60rpm cadence that lets me climb steep hills.

I want to leave a fresh battery at my Mom's so I can swap them out when I visit her and go home on a fresh battery. Yes, it's lame that they didn't withhold product launch until they could supply spare batteries. I love the bike and I'm thrilled to own it.

The inability to order spare batteries does raise questions about Serial 1 product management.
One thing is spare parts another is Brose as a company. I am used to Bosch but now I wanted to try out Brose and so far regarding how the engine is built and performance I like Brose more than Bosch but Bosch is more common and have much better technical support. Brose have absolutely non in Norway.
They are written on their website about cloud support and how great it is but when nobody have the "Brose service tool" which is a computer program I wonder what's going on.

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
22 Posts
Found this with a google search. Not sure what it would entail as far as accessing the motor but I do know that the plastic cover over the motor could easily be removed.
E Bike Tuning for Brose motors
Ebike tuning is something different. It's many types of tuning/chips you can use but it's not original and if you use it your warranty is lost.
Every Serial1 dealer should have this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts