Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: Just got my Rush/sty Speed a couple of weeks ago. Have been able to commute a few times (12 miles each way).

Love the eBike but disappointed in two core things so far:
1) no spare chargers available? WTF? and
2) no real intro to the available software apps for Brose and Eviolo.
I scanned a thread that seems to sound like there might be an actual SerialOne app that wraps in all in? Awesome.
Will be reading thru the forum on basics and pros/cons on the apps for Brose, Envilo etc.

Also - I have to be honest, I do not trust that the HD dealer actually know what they were doing in assembly and now feel compelled to test the tension in the Gates Belt.
Any idea out there if the app that uses your phone speaker is legit or not?

JackW
Fairfax VA
RushCty/Speed
190 lbs experienced triathlete bike guy with a 12 mile commute where I don't need to arrive sweaty.

ps have already been yelled at on the bike trail by a lycra guy that my light was 'too damn bright for this trail'

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I got the Gates Carbon Drive app and I used it to check the tension on my S1 and per the recommendation in the app it was within the range for internally geared hubs.
happy ebiking.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried looking for a compatible aftermarket charger online?

Thanks onthego - I might but I have to say, even though I know electricity is not voodoo magic, I worry that after market chargers might violate my warranty.
And since Serial1 certainly monitors this forum... I would not like to get an email saying the battery is no longer covered. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks onthego - I might but I have to say, even though I know electricity is not voodoo magic, I worry that after market chargers might violate my warranty.
And since Serial1 certainly monitors this forum... I would not like to get an email saying the battery is no longer covered. :)
Welcome to the forum @JackW
And the plug end does not look to be a standard. There do not seem.to be any ebike chargers, even the ones with multiple adapter heads that match. Heck, even the ones from Bosch look different

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I’m not even a bit surprised. This is America and there is no such thing as a standard on nearly everything. Manufacturers always creating there own thing so your forced to buy from them only. It’s sad they don’t have any parts for these bikes. I’ve been trying to get a fender since June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts