Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on each turn of the crank, I noticed the Serial One Rush City Speed drive belt making a crunchy grindy sound. Changing ride modes from Tour to Eco reduced the noise decibels, but as a precaution, I continued riding with the bike switched Off. Upon checking the belt, it felt incredibly loose and to tighten it up I used the SerialOne sourced, multi-tool, for turning a recessed adjustment hex bolt counter clockwise to increase the belt's tauntness. It is located at the frame's right rear lower arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
Rush City Speed 2021
3 Posts
Today on each turn of the crank, I noticed the Serial One Rush City Speed drive belt making a crunchy grindy sound. Changing ride modes from Tour to Eco reduced the noise decibels, but as a precaution, I continued riding with the bike switched Off. Upon checking the belt, it felt incredibly loose and to tighten it up I used the SerialOne sourced, multi-tool, for turning a recessed adjustment hex bolt counter clockwise to increase the belt's tauntness. It is located at the frame's right rear lower arm.
Thank you for posting this. I checked my bike and sure enough it was very loose - phew!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
There are adjustments on both sides. You want to move the entire hub back the same amount so adjustments should be made on both sides. If you just continuously tighten the belt side the hub/wheel will be slightly crooked and, the wheel would eventually hit the belt.

·
Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are adjustments on both sides. You want to move the entire hub back the same amount so adjustments should be made on both sides. If you just continuously tighten the belt side the hub/wheel will be slightly crooked and, the wheel would eventually hit the belt.
My bike's belt is crooked. Joe thanks, I looked and found the other adjustment hex bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts