Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have owned by XL Cty Rush for three days and I already started tinkering. Added a mirror and my beloved old leather saddle, bell, pedals and saddlebag from my regular bike. I did have a bit of a setback yesterday while pushing the bike out of the garage through the narrow space between the garage door frame and my car. I had to push the bike through and then followed with my body. Well as I tried to get back in proper position on the side of the bicycle my lower right leg struck the kickstand foot and the hard plastic edge cut me wide open. My wife rushed me to the doc in the box and after 11 stitches below the skin and another 11 on top I was put back together and sent home. Now I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure this is the proper way to get acquainted but here are a few photos to give you some idea of what the kickstand foot is capable of.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Mosh and it's heavy compared to my old Jamis. When I need to pick it up and carry it (such as up or down stairs), I try to be careful. Thanks to your warning I will be now be extra-careful, especially of the kickstand. Despite this setback I hope you grow to love your Rush. I've had the Mosh six weeks and it's so much fun that I can't imagine ever going back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that they are very fun. My wife and I both got one and her ability to ride with me at decent speeds is what sold us on them. We rented them labor day weekend and were pretty much convinced that these would be great bikes to get. I was not familiar with the Serial 1 when I started looking at ebikes and the first one I rode was the Specialized Turbo Vado IG. It has the same drive train as the Serial 1 but the price put me off, way off. When I discovered that you could rent the Serial 1 here in Boise and it had the same drive train we tried them out. The dealer Evolve Electric Bikes was discounting his 2021 and 2022 models deeply so we pulled the trigger. I've always enjoyed bikes and at 63 I think I found a way to enjoy them for years to come. I hope somebody comes up with a center stand so I can remove the stock kickstand. I think a center stand would aid in simple repairs and fixing flats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts