Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, I had to put-down my 15yr old husky (Sasha), she was in pretty bad shape.
The help I'm seeking for is:
They say the best way to deal with the loss of a pet is to get another one right away, is this true?
In 2017 I lost my other Husky (Teddy Bear) to cancer, he was only 8 yrs old and It still hurts losing him.
It's just really hard getting over the death of a beloved pet and having to go thru it twice is really painful.
Not sure why I would want to go thru this again...

SASHA...
Plant Dog Sled dog Dog breed Tree

TEDDY BEAR...
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Outdoor bench

At the time of this photo: Sasha was 3yrs old & Teddy 1yr old...
Dog Window Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I can only offer my condolences for your losses. We miss our yellow lab who was 12 when we had to put him down. That was a good 15 years back. I know that dogs offer unconditional love to their owners. They are always happy to see you when you return home. We have yet to get another dog, but do have a grand puppy who every now and then spends the night with us.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feed-back guys...
I have managed to keep busy by riding my Bikes and caring for my sick wife (Multiple Sclerosis) keeps me busy at home as well... but the companionship I had with my Dogs is sorely missed, plus they really help with my wife when she was feeling down, they always managed to put a smile on her face. My kids (from a previous marriage) after 40 years are still upset that I have chosen to care for my wife than to spend more time with them although I've never denied them anything. Our daughter doesn't seem to care much about her mother and for that I don't have a good relationship with her. So, with no support and no time for a social life I guess I will be getting another Dog because as Christian said:
" It's better to love, and eventually lose... Than to never love at all"

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am facing the same situation with my 16 y.o. terrier, Charlie. He is on his last legs. He's always been devoted to me and I seem to be his reason for living and loving. I think I will take a few months to grieve when the time comes. Then maybe I will be ready to find a new little buddy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.