Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Serial 1 or Harley...... not sure if the bond is still there.
No one needs this bike; we want it. After having it for a while I'll say my luxury purchase was worth it. Love the bike and the way it was designed (Rush City-Speed in Black).
What we luxury buys also want is brand identity. Things like hats, shirts, merch......we want merch.
We also want to feel apart of Serial 1. Why is there no owner registration section where we put our serial numbers and purchase date on your data base?
Finally, we'd like to be able to purchase parts online. Batteries, charge covers, headlights.....and merch....how 'bout some merch.
Thoughts?
Dave

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I agree with you.
I need a front fender/rack due to a crash (support said it’d be a couple months and that was at least a half year ago). I also tried to get extra batteries.
I wanted a Serial 1 jersey like in the just enjoy the ride video.
Tried to buy a t-shirt at the local dealer they laughed but had lots of Harley merch but zero Serial 1 stuff.
Seems that all parts are going into new bike builds leaving nothing for current owners.
I don’t get the merchandise thing at all. The marketing team completely missed on that. Heads should roll.
Definitely frustrating.
One day maybe one day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It always takes the aftermarket a couple of years to "gear up" to fill the needs and wants... hang in there. New products have to prove they are desirable long term. As for basic replacement parts.... big role out issue. Happens with way too many motorcycle related support systems.

·
73 Posts
Hey Serial 1 or Harley...... not sure if the bond is still there.
No one needs this bike; we want it. After having it for a while I'll say my luxury purchase was worth it. Love the bike and the way it was designed (Rush City-Speed in Black).
What we luxury buys also want is brand identity. Things like hats, shirts, merch......we want merch.
We also want to feel apart of Serial 1. Why is there no owner registration section where we put our serial numbers and purchase date on your data base?
Finally, we'd like to be able to purchase parts online. Batteries, charge covers, headlights.....and merch....how 'bout some merch.
Thoughts?
Dave
I would prefer spare parts and a support team that knows the ebike before t-shirt and hats.
Serial1 has screwed up their chances to compete with other brands by dropping ebiked on local dealers without giving them support.

Serial1 sell you an ebike and don't care what happens afterwards.
This ebike is a big joke!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would prefer spare parts and a support team that knows the ebike before t-shirt and hats.
Serial1 has screwed up their chances to compete with other brands by dropping ebiked on local dealers without giving them support.

Serial1 sell you an ebike and don't care what happens afterwards.
This ebike is a big joke!
My experience with Serial 1 Customer Support to date, has been very good. I even recommended they use a local bike repair tech - which they did and thus speed up a fender repair by months.
It is true that they lack an established network of service providers, but, Brose is a common motor, Enviolo is a common hub and a bike is a bike.

Spare parts availability ? Now that's an issue! I am unsure of how much rolling out Serial 1 during a pandemic, affected the end users of the Serial 1? Certainly this timing had to create some parts availability issues as Taiwan is the major component producer for items like the frame.

I think the lack of having a Serial 1 specific phone App available, BEFORE the bike hit the market was bad bad bad. Emphasis on BAD!

I agree spare parts is much more important than promotional swag.
I do know, that from a motorcycle owners standpoint, parts always lag a year or two behind a new model production and release.

·
73 Posts
My experience with Serial 1 Customer Support to date, has been very good. I even recommended they use a local bike repair tech - which they did and thus speed up a fender repair by months.
It is true that they lack an established network of service providers, but, Brose is a common motor, Enviolo is a common hub and a bike is a bike.

Spare parts availability ? Now that's an issue! I am unsure of how much rolling out Serial 1 during a pandemic, affected the end users of the Serial 1? Certainly this timing had to create some parts availability issues as Taiwan is the major component producer for items like the frame.

I think the lack of having a Serial 1 specific phone App available, BEFORE the bike hit the market was bad bad bad. Emphasis on BAD!

I agree spare parts is much more important than promotional swag.
I do know, that from a motorcycle owners standpoint, parts always lag a year or two behind a new model production and release.
Support didn't known about Brose service tool and that Mosh didn't have a display is some of the answers I have got from them.
My ebike don't work properly so it is at my local dealer so they can repair battery not charging properly, brakes that hardly stops the ebike, engine with a loud metal sound and damaged belt.
They do as good as they can by lending me a Rush while waiting.
If feel really sorry for the dealers but have no sympathy for Serial1.
As soon as the ebike is fixed I will flip it if anyone take the chance to buy it because I have to be honest about the lack of support.
I have had several H-D and ebike in my life but never experienced anything like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I became frustrated and wrote to Serial 1 for some answers. To my surprise I received a reply from TYLER at Serial 1 with answers to my questions. I guess the real answer is we need to wait for parts to catch up with distribution. Serial 1 acknowledge the shortage and sez they will send parts to damaged bike quickly. Selling a part or having a parts depo at the moment just is slow coming.
Yes, it would have been better to have this parts thing ready with the intro, but they claim to be working on it and I believe them.......for now.

The ABUS lock deal is a mess. Yep, all above are true and confirmed by TYLER. You can get a keyed alike lock that fits in the glove box but its costly $$$$$ and not a good solution for locking the bike. the ABUS 6500 / 85 will fit, but is practically too small to lock the wheel and frame to a post. IF you want it keyed alike, you must order through a dealer (Not easy to find one that will do it) and then you pay full retail, tax, shipping from Germany and a 15% fee to ABUS. This turns a too small lock into a $350 project. I tried very hard to get this done and it always came back to; too small, takes 2 months and cost WAY TO MUCH. They should have just called it a cubby and left it at that.

Love the bike, waiting on the support.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Serial 1 acknowledge the shortage and sez they will send parts to damaged bike quickly.
I tried getting a front fender/rack 6 months ago they said it’d be a few months at most, still can’t get one, so the only time you’d get a part right away is if it prevents you from riding the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.