Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised that they left off a water bottle boss. How the heck are you supposed to carry your water bottle?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp, my own brother gave me a solution: the Water Buffalo Road Runner Hydration Pack. I just ordered one in blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reporting back...the RoadRunner bag works well, but damn if my back and shirt didn't get sweaty as hell where the bags rests on my back., due to a lack of ventilation there. I will have to find another solution, at least for summertime riding. Does anyone make a water bottle that is strapped to the top frame tube?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I got these water bottle mounts from Velo Orange. They work like a charm and look good doing it.
They are 31.8mm.

the old lady made me buy a new cage as she said I can’t have a $10 cage on a $4400 bike.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
sorry my pictures sometimes get flipped sideways. I can get another picture if you like

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Joe. My step over doesn't have room anywhere except on the top tube. I got a strap-on velcro bottle holder for mine.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
You can get a side loading water bottle cage, so you don’t need clearance from above to load/unload bottles. The cage might get in the way when removing the battery though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may swing it down to the underside of the top tube. When coming down off the seat to plant my feet on the ground, there is very little real estate between my crotch and the bottle. I have to stop anyways to take a pull of water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts