Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my Mosh every day now for just over a month. I usually cruise around on Sport (3/4), sometimes dropping to Tour (2/4), and sometimes bumping up to Boost (4/4) for steeper hills.

When I turn off all assist levels, I feel like the motor is offering resistance that I have to overcome when pedaling. Is this real? Or am I just so used to the assist now that the hard pedal feeling is a phantom feeling, that my mind is just not used to anymore?

I'd guess that it is just that I am no longer used to the unassisted pedal resistance, but it almost feels like when I pedal with assist off, the bike actually slows down, when compared to just coasting. It's a strange feeling. Is this something other brand Class 1 ebike cyclists feel I wonder.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
These motors offer no resistance unless of course something is broke inside. You can check this by just turning the pedal by hand and see if you feel resistance. I believe you are feeling the weight of the bike, I experience this when going over 20 mph and the motor cuts out and I keep pedaling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.