Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a rear-view mirror for serial 1's. I can buy rear-view bike mirrors that clamp onto the handlebar.
But they are designed to clamp on where the brose display is located. I.E. Clamp the mirror closer to the mid-line of
the bike and it won't reach out to the side enough to see behind you. Most of the time you'll just be looking at your arm
in the mirror.

I'm looking for a mirror than can clamp onto the handlebar inside of the brake mount, yet hold the mirror
farther out than the end of the handlebar.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I have a Hafny mirror on my step-thru I can see traffic approaching from behind me no problem. You could also move the grip out enough for mounting a mirror since they are a lock-on grip.
Sorry about the sideways picture this site likes to flip pics for some reason. Could just be me though.
heres a better picture of course it didn’t get flipped.
Sky Cloud Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Tree

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
48 Posts
I tried that Hafney also, both over and under the bar. It's not far enough out for me. I imagine the end-of-bar mirrors would work best. But I don't want to cut my grip to gain access. Also I don't like things hanging off my bike.

So I went with this helmet or sun glasses mounted mirror:

I attach it to my sun glasses. It works very well. When I don't have it I feel like I'm missing an eye or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In keeping with the minimalist styling of the bike, I went with a Corky. It slides on the end of the handlebar and if you don't need to use it, can close up and looks clean.

Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Vehicle Bicycle frame

When you need it while riding it's surprisingly effective, although there is a blind spot in the usual place. I'm pretty happy with it, but obviously it's not perfect.
Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts