Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the correct lock designed for the storage compartment: Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm.

It inserts into the storage compartment easily. However, removal is irksome, even with the lower rubber ledge that is supposed to assist with extraction.

So now I just mount the lock on the front rack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the correct lock designed for the storage compartment: Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm.

It inserts into the storage compartment easily. However, removal is irksome, even with the lower rubber ledge that is supposed to assist with extraction.

So now I just mount the lock on the front rack.
Like this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
To bad it’s not as easy as it could be. That looks okay on the front rack. Did you get it keyed to match the bike locks? What are those bags hanging off the bars?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To bad it’s not as easy as it could be. That looks okay on the front rack. Did you get it keyed to match the bike locks? What are those bags hanging off the bars?
Joe, the matching lock key thing didn't work out. The dealer that Serial 1 has listed as having the www.highwaytwo.com credentials required to order matching keyed locks didn't have a clue about it.

I tracked down a different local bike shop who did have www.highwaytwo.com credentials and they logged in and searched for the Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm lock but found nothing.

When I informed Serial 1 that their listed dealer had no idea about the matching key thing and that a different bike shop with the proper credentials was unable to find it in inventory, they said perhaps it is out of inventory because of Covid. They did not go out of their way to confirm their hypothetical explanation.

Those pouches hanging from my handlebars are M16 magazine pouches that fit perfectly and let me carry a pistol and a phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Joe, the matching lock key thing didn't work out. The dealer that Serial 1 has listed as having the www.highwaytwo.com credentials required to order matching keyed locks didn't have a clue about it.

I tracked down a different local bike shop who did have www.highwaytwo.com credentials and they logged in and searched for the Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus 85cm lock but found nothing.
I had a similar experience with both a local bike shop that was listed as an Abus dealer as well as REI. However, I was able to successfully get a keyed alike lock from lockitt.com. Don’t know anything about them, just found it through Google, but was able to do everything online and the lock worked with right key when it arrived.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts