Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2021 Rush/City Speed XL which will arrive in a few days. I'd like to park it outside my office during the day but carry the battery inside when the weather is cold.

Can the bike handle rain or snowfall without a battery installed? Or will this lead to water damage?

· Premium Member
221 Posts
With the battery out and no power not much would happen. I know water just drains through and out the bottom. I get taking the battery in when it’s cold out it’s what I’d do. I’d recommend that you at least come up with some type cover as I know I wouldn’t want water or especially snow getting in there while the battery is out. You might just come up with a way to cover the battery contacts only. I think I’d probably use some type of cling wrap to cover the whole opening. You could possibly make a cover that you could secure with a bungee cord.
cheers

· Registered
14 Posts
I dont want water on the electrical contacts. I used to use a hiking gaiter on my old ebike, but it doesn't fit the Vee shape of the S1

I'm using a full bike cover for now, but am planning to make something for just the hole. Like: carve a block of foam, then glue or sew a FedEx envelope to it (to hang over the sides)

I also don’t bother to bring the battery in until lunch, since there’s plenty of time to warm it up then charge it.

· Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
17 Posts
Salmon, when I remove the battery I cover the compartmentt with anything at my disposal., On two occassion the bike did not start after leaving it out in the rain with the battery installed. To remedy that problem I air dried and used a cloth to dab the battery compartment parts Food Ingredient Natural foods Cuisine Convenience food
. Nowadays, if I leave the bike out with the battery, I cover the comparment with a makeshift bra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts