Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 sets of keys and 2 cards from Abus. Does one of their folding locks fit into the storage compartment? Which one? And can we order with the personal code so we can use the same keys? Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
39 Posts
Related to the topic. I have a Mosh, which does not have a storage compartment. I also already own a Kryptonite Evolution Mini 10mm Chain Lock. I wanted to be able to store this heavy chain on my bike without it banging or rubbing against any paint. I got the Topeak Aero Wedge Velcro Pack (seat post bag) in size medium and it works perfectly for this.

Links FYI:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mudcamper! I ordered the Topeak pack. I just emailed Abus to inquire about which folding lock is best. Note that Serial 1 included an Abus personal code with 2 keys. So I want to get a lock that my existing keys will fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess if I had read the sticky post about "how to use the glovebox and safely lock your ebike", I could have answered my own question. Which I will do now. You have to find an approved Abus dealer that will custom order an Abus folding lock (either a Bordo 6000 of Bordo Lite 6050), using your personal code card barcode number, then wait 2-4 weeks for it to arrive at your dealer. Use this link to find a bike shop near you: Partners Worldwide. The result will be an Abus folding lock that will fit into the locking storage compartment in your frame, using the same key for both the lock, and the storage compartment. Clear as mud?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. The only Abus folding lock that they can use your key code to make matching keys is the Bordo Granit XPlus 6500. This is direct from the horse's mouth: Tyler at Serial 1. He says it will fit in the compartment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just confirming that my Abus Bordo 6500K Granit Xplus was keyed correctly, and fits nice and snug into the locking compartment, using the same key. I had to order it thru a bicycle shop that is an Abus dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts