Serial 1 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I am new here. Yesterday I picked up my rush/cty. I also immediately mounted a ring lock on the bike, these locks are almost standard on every bike in the Netherlands. A quick securing system for your bike when you walk into a store.

The lock that fits exactly (the biggest I could find) is the Abus 4750XL, with a plug-in chain to attach your bike to something.
Maybe this will help you :)
View attachment 289
View attachment 290
View attachment 291
Where did you buy the 4750 XL. I live in Canada and cannot find a supplier. i found a supplier in the UK but the shipping was more than the lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you buy the 4750 XL. I live in Canada and cannot find a supplier. i found a supplier in the UK but the shipping was more than the lock.
I live in the Netherlands, ordered the lock from the Dutch version of Amazon. Also, many online bike parts webshops have them in stock here. I'm afraid that most webshops here don't ship to Canada.

Maybe you can call or email an Abus dealer to see if they can order these locks: Partners Worldwide

I can find the lock on the US Abus site though: 4750XL NR BK

·
Registered
Serial 1 Rush/Cty
7 Posts
Where did you buy the Abus 4750 XL? I am in Canada and cannot find a supplier.
I have looked for it in the US too, online (Amazon and specialized online bike shops) without much success either. I like the concept but those ring locks are less popular here than in Europe so I guess there are not that many models available…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I am new here. Yesterday I picked up my rush/cty. I also immediately mounted a ring lock on the bike, these locks are almost standard on every bike in the Netherlands. A quick securing system for your bike when you walk into a store.

The lock that fits exactly (the biggest I could find) is the Abus 4750XL, with a plug-in chain to attach your bike to something.
Maybe this will help you :)
Thank you for posting this - just what I was looking for!

It's a bit crazy that these $5,000 bikes do not come with any locks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts