Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to ebiking, so I bought a few basic/cheap hub drive bikes (Biktrix, Sondors and 2 M2S) for 2 houses.
Have known I would want a better machine but have been having fun on these.

Have nearly bought a few nice chain drive bikes, but, figured I'd ride what I have and think more.

Then saw these.
Lower+centered weight and belt+cvt and hidden cables all appeal.

Then, it is kinda a first of breed Harley, which is fun.

I also have a Speed coming. 2 houses, will not need to bike rack my toys...
just maybe my wife's bike.

You should Adwords "Serial1" and serial1 bikes and serial1 ebikes (exact) searches for like 2-5 cents a click to drum up some interest here :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I test rode every model in every size on Friday (4/16/21) at Open Road Harley Davidson in Fond Du Lac WI. Shawn was our contact and he was patient and informative and the perfect person to be a representative of Serial 1 because he is a literally a bicycle guy that has worked (and is currently working) at bicycle dealerships for over 15 years and just recently started working at Open Road Harley. I am a avid bicycle guy and motorcycle guy (even split) and very technical with a background in engineering, machining, fabricating and penchant for research and I have never been in a situation where a salesman knows more than I and as result I usually have a disappointing experience, this was not the case with Shawn. All of his data was correct with no lies or empty promises, and we were able to try each bike as long as we wanted, we were not rushed in any way which was important to me. Using Serial 1’s online sizing tool it said my wife was a medium and after thoroughly riding a large and medium she chose the recommended medium. My bikes are all extra large and I felt comfortable on the large, the extra large felt really big. We ordered a medium rush city for my wife today, thank you Shawn and Open Road Harley.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife and I test rode every model in every size on Friday (4/16/21) at Open Road Harley Davidson in Fond Du Lac WI. Shawn was our contact and he was patient and informative and the perfect person to be a representative of Serial 1 because he is a literally a bicycle guy that has worked (and is currently working) at bicycle dealerships for over 15 years and just recently started working at Open Road Harley. I am a avid bicycle guy and motorcycle guy (even split) and very technical with a background in engineering, machining, fabricating and penchant for research and I have never been in a situation where a salesman knows more than I and as result I usually have a disappointing experience, this was not the case with Shawn. All of his data was correct with no lies or empty promises, and we were able to try each bike as long as we wanted, we were not rushed in any way which was important to me. Using Serial 1’s online sizing tool it said my wife was a medium and after thoroughly riding a large and medium she chose the recommended medium. My bikes are all extra large and I felt comfortable on the large, the extra large felt really big. We ordered a medium rush city for my wife today, thank you Shawn and Open Road Harley.
Glad to hear that Serial 1 and HD aren't messing around with the customer service. I need to book a test ride asap. Out of the models that you tested @Shovelhead which one did you and your wife prefer? What was it like to ride?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear that Serial 1 and HD aren't messing around with the customer service. I need to book a test ride asap. Out of the models that you tested @Shovelhead which one did you and your wife prefer? What was it like to ride?
My wife liked the rush city and I liked the rush city speed (the 20mph top speed is to slow for me, I was wanting more, the 28mph of the rush city speed should be good). I never rode a ebike before and considered it “getting lazy” but we do a lot of trails throughout our state (with mega hills, especially close to home) and especially on weekend trips we are very limited on the distance we can ride since we started pulling a trailer to haul our 3 year old with us which is frustrating. We plan a ride, book a hotel and go ride maybe a 1/4 of the distance we had hoped or have ridden in the past. Our plan is to pull the trailer with the ebike and get our adventure level back to where it once was. Once the bike arrives I will machine a hitch for it. On a side note the mosh bike is pretty impressive, I never had much use for single speed bikes but with the electric assist it was really quite good, it felt very light, like a big bmx bike. If I lived in a city I would strongly consider one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife liked the rush city and I liked the rush city speed (the 20mph top speed is to slow for me, I was wanting more, the 28mph of the rush city speed should be good). I never rode a ebike before and considered it “getting lazy” but we do a lot of trails throughout our state (with mega hills, especially close to home) and especially on weekend trips we are very limited on the distance we can ride since we started pulling a trailer to haul our 3 year old with us which is frustrating. We plan a ride, book a hotel and go ride maybe a 1/4 of the distance we had hoped or have ridden in the past. Our plan is to pull the trailer with the ebike and get our adventure level back to where it once was. Once the bike arrives I will machine a hitch for it. On a side note the mosh bike is pretty impressive, I never had much use for single speed bikes but with the electric assist it was really quite good, it felt very light, like a big bmx bike. If I lived in a city I would strongly consider one.
That's a great idea to make a hitch for the trailer. Hopefully that doesn't cause too much trouble for you. That's good to know about the mosh. I live downtown in my city and I can always use something quick and nimble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts