Serial 1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of new first ride reviews have come out for Serial 1.

The Verge

One of the things that really surprised me was how well the bikes handled off-road, especially considering Serial 1 is marketing them (specifically the Mosh/Cty) as “the ultimate urban playbike.” Granted, this is only based on a few minutes riding over tree roots and wet leaves in Prospect Park, but the Rush/Cty Speed was nimble and handled better than expected. That said, I don’t expect to be popping wheelies anytime soon like the actor in the Serial 1-produced promo video — at least not right away.

Popular Science

Of the two platforms, I preferred the Rush/Cty line—it’s the one geared most toward urban commuting, and is built with a little more stability when going fast than the Mosh/Cty. Plus, it comes with that step-through option. At 2.4-inches wide, the tires are a little skinnier than 2.8-inchers on the Mosh/Cty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a couple more reviews. Hopefully there's more to come.

Rider Magazine

Most motorcyclists associate the historic Harley-Davidson brand with roaring American V-twin engines, timeless styling and good times. Serial 1, Powered by Harley-Davidson, is a new e-bicycle brand reflecting the revered American cruiser brand’s tastes and aesthetics.

Aimed at urban commuting cyclists, Serial 1 has unveiled four unique pedal-assist models, including the Rush/Cty, Rush/Cty Speed, Rush/Step-Through and Mosh/Cty.

There are plenty of features shared between each model. Still, all of the current Serial 1 models utilize a hydroformed aluminum frame and fork with an integrated lithium-ion battery and a powerful Brose mid-mounted electric motor, producing 66 lb-ft of torque. Gates carbon drive belts have a thematic connection to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Also, four ride modes (Eco, Tour, Sport and Boost) are available on every Serial 1 e-bike and a push-button “walk-assist” function. Integrated LED lighting is also standard. Also, all models except the Mosh/Cty feature an Enviolo Automatiq intelligent auto-shifting hub.

Road Show

During my ride, I really enjoyed the wide, 2.8-inch Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires, which allowed for comfortable riding over all terrains and helped absorb landings nicely. I also felt comfortable standing up on the pedals and cranking the bike side-to-side to get up to speed. The Mosh handles trail-like conditions well and is able to tackle hills easily because the bike has a good amount of torque. Like the Rush, the Mosh is available in four different frame sizes to ensure proper geometry and ride comfort.

Overall, Harley-Davidson's Serial 1 crew has done an incredible job designing these bikes. One of the most refreshing bits about these machines is that most of their cable work lives within their frames, so they both have a very clean look. Other design elements that I really enjoy include the integrated tail lights that live within the frame by the wheels. The taillights automatically brighten when you slow down, and the front badge on the headtube lights up, too -- very clever. Also, the glove box is a nice addition to the Rush CTY Speed. I'm now accepting snack donations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New first ride review from Motorcycle.com!

The new age is waking up to the beautiful concept of getting exercise while feeling the freedom of e-bicycles. Don’t trust me, give them a try yourself before batting your eye at the price tag. Speaking of price tags, in spite of the fact that these wear Harley-Davidson branding, along with various high-end components and high-brow H-D engineering – the prices are totally in line with what you’d expect to pay for any premium, non-rattletrap eBike. The structural integrity is in place. Put the price tag up against: car or motorbike cost, gas, maintenance, insurance, parking, gym membership, special vitamins… and the savings might surprise you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts