Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just talked to Tyler at serial 1. Original bikes cannot get retrofitted for usb c power deliver nor get retrofitted with the new module that communicates with the app. Very disappointed as I believed the bike I bought had everything I needed for future app compatibility.
maybe someone can potentially get the parts and retrofit. Otherwise if you download the app, you won’t be able to do much with original bikes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's the link to the app on the Serial 1 website.

Rectangle Font Terrestrial plant Technology Slope

Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Telephony Mobile phone

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
It’s sad that all of us who bought the first models from Serial 1 are being ignored by the company and not supporting us with an app. Kinda pisses me off that we supported them by buying bikes and getting behind the brand when they started up but they will not support us now that they are seemingly successful. This kind of action from the company makes me feel like they just used me and now are tossing me aside.

·
73 Posts
As some of you know I have been very disappointed and angry with how the company treat customers though the Mosh is great.
This app is a clone of Specialized but not close to Missioncontrol and Mastermind display.
I just bought a Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 and it's another world I give it score 10 though it is 50% more expensive it's absolutely worth the money and Specialized got top notch support and I
sold my Mosh 20% less than retail price.
This is my last post and I really feel sorry for Serial1 [email protected] you around.
I don't recommend Serial1 to any people and believe me I'll spread the word around to the whole ebike community in norway.
Good luck to you all and sorry for my rudeness in this forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Mosh one week ago and if I'm hearing right will not be able to use the new app, I'd been following the stock at the local dealer since December and am quite sure I bought the first one. That being said I just got it together and will now list it for sale, I hope I don't take a big hit and find a buyer.

·
73 Posts
I bought my Mosh one week ago and if I'm hearing right will not be able to use the new app, I'd been following the stock at the local dealer since December and am quite sure I bought the first one. That being said I just got it together and will now list it for sale, I hope I don't take a big hit and find a buyer.
Well It's up to your conscience if you tell potential buyers about it.

·
73 Posts
Brose Bluetooth module
I wonder if this is what the new bikes have installed to communicate with app. Does anyone know who to contact to find out. Looks straightforward to install.
No it's done the same way as Bosch have done, one year old CX don't work only new CX with 750Wh which is on the market next year.
The app is called Flow and is already realisert in appstore and Google play.

·
73 Posts
Should be possible to insert the Bluetooth module, there are wiring harnesses for different year modules of Brose motors.
Doubt it Brose S mag (2.1 2.1 is until 2021 - 2.2 is from 2022, they update software and motor every 3 year , 3 years cycle) Specialized is two different ecosystems.
I have tried it on my old Mosh but maybe I did something wrong so give it a shot

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
From what I gather about the new app it doesn‘t offer a whole lot more than what you could get from other apps just combined in one app which is the only thing I find that would be nice about an app. I’ll keep riding my first gen bike and I’m still going to enjoy the ride appless and all.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 57 Posts