Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be transporting my Rush city Speed on a 1,000-mile trip. I live in Ohio and the trip will head south to Florida. I will likely encounter rain and snow. I am traveling with a friend concerned with the bike’s weight. A suggestion is to remove the battery during transport. I am worried that the exposed battery cavity would put the electric components in danger due to moister, road salt, or chemicals. What experience have you had in transporting a bike in these conditions? I would prefer to keep the battery in. I have been trying to come up with a solution to make the cavity somewhat waterproof. Thanks in advance for your response.

· Premium Member
221 Posts
The bikes are about 60 lbs and the battery might be 5 lbs so I don’t think that would be much of a concern, of course I haul mine in a pickup truck. You might try some glad press-n-seal one side of it is sticky, it seals really well just by pressing it on. It might leave some residue behind, if that is a concern just try any type of the cling wraps available, it might be a bit of a hassle getting it wrapped around but should do the job of keeping rain/snow out.
Good luck on the drive and enjoy the ride

· Registered
Generation 1 Rush/City
17 Posts
Hi Tom, I agree with protecting the battery compartment. If you choose to keep that battery installed you can cover it with plastic wrap or a makeshfit bra. Doing so will keep rain Food Ingredient Natural foods Cuisine Convenience food
water from trickling into the battery compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts