Serial 1 Forum banner

Weird Motor Issue

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Monty 
#1 ·
Had a weird motor issue the other day. Turned the bike on, but had no electric assist. I could cycle through different assist modes on the display, but the motor would not engage. Stopping the bike and turning it off and back on again fixed it and it hasn't happened since.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#3 ·
Yep we have had that issue several times on both our bikes. Not sure what is causing it (software?) but restarting always returns the bike to normal operations. Sometimes we get an error code on the Brose allround display sometimes not. Definitely weird.

#6 ·
I say it’s probably common as we’ve had that issue several times and I believe several others here have commented that they have had that issue as well. It has actually popped up mid-ride (frustrating) but a restart always gets it working again.
Cheers

#12 · (Edited)
I have a RUSH/CTY. It happened to me today. I shut down the system and rebooted a few times and it never returned to health. Battery level was almost full.

I had to walk a few miles home with it and "Walk" mode wouldn't even work. With my old hips and knees, I couldn't pedal it without power.

I recharged the bike when I got home and tried it again, but it still fails to apply pedal assist. I will take it to the dealer.

#13 ·
I purchased a rush city step thru in Dec 2022. i had noticed that power assist would cut out but by turning the Bose back on it always came back. Yesterday we were a couple miles into a longer ride and I lost all power assist. It was a rough ride back. I had logged this issue with customer support in April and once again reached out to them. We were riding with 6 others who have Serial 1 and everyone really likes their bike. Did I just get a lemon? I know it’s still under warranty so what point should I ask them to fix this problem.

#14 ·
Twice in 2 months would be enough for me to seek warranty work. Fortunately you were only a couple miles in imagine being 20 miles in, it would suck pedaling a 60 lb bike. I take it that your bike is a 2nd gen model, maybe those bikes are having software issues. You might even consider contacting Brose maybe they can shed some light about your issue.
Cheers

#15 ·
I have the same issue with mine, accompanied by a clicking/popping noise with my Rush City/Speed. I just completed the warranty repair request on the website and I'm hopeful Serial1 will honor their warranty. I have 2400 miles on my bike and it just starting failing a few weeks ago. Turning it on and off doesn't help.

#16 ·
I am a customer with a Rush/City Speed and in need of warranty repair for a hub that keeps shifting cadence on its own. Serial 1 suggested I update the hub software which I did, but that did not correct the issue. After I reported to them that the software update had no effect, they have ignored me now for over 1 month, no response to my multiple emails to support, no phone calls- just silence. Its also a safety issue since it loses resistance without warning causing me to veer and when it fails.