Serial 1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
57 Posts
Wow. Those are some seriously spiky tires.

Here in coastal California, winter means rain. (For those that don't know, we have 3 to 4 months with zero rain in the summer.) And since I have a Mosh (with no fenders) I picked up some SKS quick-attach mud fenders.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you riding? We will be getting snow here in Anchorage soon. I’ve used the Ice Spiker Pros on my 29er mountain bike in the past. With those tubes your tires will definitely be lighter as the tubes that come stock are super heavy duty and built for puncture protection I also replaced my tubes with lighter versions as flatting in the winter is super rare.
cheers

·
Registered
2021 Serial 1 Mosh/CTY
22 Posts
Where are you riding? We will be getting snow here in Anchorage soon. I’ve used the Ice Spiker Pros on my 29er mountain bike in the past. With those tubes your tires will definitely be lighter as the tubes that come stock are super heavy duty and built for puncture protection I also replaced my tubes with lighter versions as flatting in the winter is super rare.
cheers
I ride in Oslo Norway but there is no snow yet.
I use Continental tubes on winter and summer tires and a puncture do accor once or twice a year but that's expected since I ride every day.
I have used Suomi 26x2.4 on my other ebike for the 3 last winter seasons without losing a single stud so I hope Schwalbe is going to be just as good as long as I ride the first 50 km carefully and without braking hard. I paid $177 for both tires and $23 for both tubes. Everything is more expensive in Norway I paid $4775 for the Mosh the Rush is $6343.
I looked at the video how to change wheels and noticed he only put the rear wheel on without using any tools to adjust the belt so I hope I will manage to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The snow we got earlier melted off. Were in a freeze thaw/cycle now so ice builds up slowly then it’s get cold and the snow finally sticks around until late April. The almanac says it’s gonna be a snowier winter than usual. That’s about what it cost me for tubes/tires it always cost more to ship to Alaska. I’ve already rode over 50 km on mine and they are super loud on pavement. People hear you coming. You won’t need to worry about adjusting the tension as your not messing with those bigger nuts to drop the wheel out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The snow we got earlier melted off. Were in a freeze thaw/cycle now so ice builds up slowly then it’s get cold and the snow finally sticks around until late April. The almanac says it’s gonna be a snowier winter than usual. That’s about what it cost me for tubes/tires it always cost more to ship to Alaska. I’ve already rode over 50 km on mine and they are super loud on pavement. People hear you coming. You won’t need to worry about adjusting the tension as your not messing with those bigger nuts to drop the wheel out.
How has the grip been during the freeze and thawing when you're out and about?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The grip on these tires is phenomenal haven’t had any mishaps yet.
We just got a big snow and went from basically nothing to over 20”.
Won’t be able to ride for a few days until they get some of the bike paths and trails plowed and/or groomed. It’s just to difficult to ride through that much snow especially when the city uses the sidewalks to plow the snow off the roads so the vehicle’s have it easy. Since the roads get sanded/salted the snow plowed off the roads is what we call brown sugar and that is very difficult to ride through.
it’s gonna be a long winter and imagine I’ll be riding my Pugsley more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts